- Architect: Davis Love
- Opened: 2000
- Rating: 72.5
- # Of Holes: 18
- Slope: 133
- Greens: Champion Bermuda
Located just off Hwy. 17 in North Myrtle Beach is one of the most popular courses for locals and tourists alike: Barefoot Resort’s Love course. Davis Love III, a Carolina native, created an outstanding layout that makes the course unique and very memorable.
The Love course has many similarities to fabled Pinehurst No. 2 with wide open fairways and generous landing areas. The course is a par 72 and stretches to over 7,000 yards. Golfers of all skill levels will enjoy this outstanding course as it offers several teeing options. Like the other Barefoot Resort courses, the Love features GN1 Bermuda grass fairways, Tif-Sport Bermuda approaches, 419 Bermuda roughs and outstanding greens with Champions Bermuda grass.
Some of the Love Course accolades include:
- 2013-15 “Best you can play on Grand Strand” – SC Golf Course Rating Panel
- 2015 “Best Next 100 Resort Courses” – Golfweek
- 2014 “Best Public Course You Can Play in South Carolina” – Golf Magazine
- 2013 “Top 15 You Can Play In South Carolina” (No.12) – Golfweek
- 2012 “Top 15 You Can Play In South Carolina” (No.9) – Golfweek
- 2012 “Top 20 Best Public Courses In South Carolina” (No.6) – Golf Magazine
- 2012 “Top 100 Public Courses You Can Play” – Golf.com
- 2012 “SC Top 50 Golf Course-Grand Strand (No.10) – South Carolina Golf Course Rating Panel
- 2010 “Top Best Public Golf Courses in South Carolina” (No.6) – Golf.com
- 2007 “America’s 100 Greatest Public Course” (No.53) – Golf Digest
You can’t go wrong adding the Love course to your Myrtle Beach Golf Pacakge.
Barefoot Resort Love Golfer Reviews & Ratings
We would have given the course 5 stars except for the starter as he practically ignored our 4ball handing us score cards and little else. He appeared to be concentrating on another (larger) group and eyeing a bigger tip !! Besides this we enjoyed our day on the Love course which was in great condition with both fairways and greens very well maintained. The majority of tee shots are to wide landing areas but accuracy is required for the approach shots. Plenty of hazards to negotiate but a very enjoyable experience.