Myrtle Beach is known as the “Golf Course Capital of the World” with approximately 80 top championship Myrtle Beach golf courses. Eleven of those courses recently were selected to the top 50 golf courses in the state of South Carolina.
The biennial list is chosen by a select panel of 125 golf enthusiasts throughout the state representing the Upstate, Midlands, Lowcountry and the Grand Strand. The judging criteria used for the selection consider routing, variety, strategy, equity, memorability, aesthetics and experience.
Grand Strand courses making this year’s list are:
- The Dunes Golf and Beach Club—No. 9
- Caledonia Golf & Fish Club—No. 12
- Tidewater Golf Club and Plantation—No. 27
- Wachesaw Plantation—No. 28
- DeBordieu Club—No. 30
- The Reserve Club—No. 37
- Surf Golf and Beach Club—No. 39
- True Blue Golf Club—No. 40
- The Grande Dunes Resort Course—No. 44
- Barefoot Resort Dye Course—No. 46
- TPC Myrtle Beach—No. 47
Congratulations to all of these outstanding courses and any of them can be combined with any of the other beautiful Myrtle Beach golf courses in your next Myrtle Beach golf package.
Leave a Reply